It's been a pleasure to reach the families we reached in 2018, and look forward to reaching more. We kinda hit the ground running and wouldn't have had it any other way. You see, God is in control of this vessel so we just go with it. :)
We want to share our milestones with all of you so here's what's happened with Pappy's Pantry since we opened our doors in October of this year:
We were Incorporated on September 17, 2018 and received our Certificate from the SCC on September 24, 2018. We opened our doors on October 1, 2018. Since that time, this is the progress Pappy’s Pantry has made with the help of God and our community/supporters as of December 31, 2018:
- First monetary donation received on September 1, 2018
- First food donation received on October 22, 2018
- First Food Drive on November 4, 2018
- Papa Johns Fundraiser on November 14, 2018 – December 21, 2018
- Food Drive on November 18, 2018
- Giving Tuesday Fundraiser on November 27, 2018
- Food Drive on December 1, 2018
- Birthday Fundraiser hosted by family member on December 26, 2018
- Ongoing Food Drive hosted by Bernina Richmond
- Personal solicitation by founders are continuous
- Received 1,230.7 pounds of food
- Disbursed 583.0 pounds of food, including 110 pounds purchased for families at time of disbursement
- Provided 1 Thanksgiving Dinner and 1 Christmas Dinner
- In response to our request for water, baby formula, dental and personal hygiene items, we received:
-10.5 cases of water
-15 cans of baby formula
-a slew of toothbrushes, toothpaste, washcloths and soap
- We have provided food to 11 families, driven over 836 miles, raised over $6,500.00, and incurred expenses of a little over $1,500.00.
- King William Social Services and Hanover Social Services have our information on a list and provide it to potential families as needed. We are involved with Hanover Human Services Network, and partnered with Butterfly Babies Ministries, Inc. We are involved with The McShin Foundation to help supply food to their residents. The ladies of OAK at Oak Hall Baptist Church knitted hats and the children of Oak Hall Baptist Church made crafts for the families we help.
- Bernina Richmond is a continuous corporate supporter. We have been sponsored corporately by Emroch & Kilduff, LLP and by Radio Communications, Inc., and we are a participant with Kroger’s Community Rewards Program.
We are thankful for every item and every penny that has been donated to Pappy’s Pantry Ministries, Inc. We are blessed to have the support we have, and strive to reach further into the community to do the work that God has entrusted us to do.